‘Tis the season for bundling up, spending time with family and friends…and planning a winter vacation! Let us walk you through how to choose your dream destination, book the best accommodations, and make the most of your time off this holiday season.
Whether you want to escape the cold weather this winter or make the most of it by hitting the slopes, we’ve got you covered. So, put on your warmest coat and get ready to turn your winter vacation into an unforgettable getaway!
- What Weather Will Warm Your Heart?
Do you long for sunny beaches and palm trees, or are you looking to get cozy by the fireplace with a mug of hot cocoa? No matter what weather you prefer, there’s a vacation destination out there for you!
- If you’re looking to escape the cold, why not head to a tropical paradise? There’s nothing like soaking up the sun on the sandy shores of Hawaii or taking a dip in the crystal-clear waters of the Caribbean.
- On the other hand, if you love winter weather, then a ski trip might be your best option. Ski resorts offer winter sports enthusiasts the chance to enjoy the snow and scenery, while also providing plenty of amenities for a comfortable stay.
- How Do You Prefer to Adventure?
Do you like to keep things low-key, or do you prefer an action-packed vacation? This is perhaps the most important question to consider when planning a winter trip—so it truly feels like a vacation!
- If you’re looking for a relaxing getaway, then a beach resort or a cozy cabin in the mountains might be the place for you. That way, you can unwind while taking in gorgeous scenery and explore your surroundings at your own leisure.
- On the other hand, if you’re looking for an incredible adrenaline-filled vacation, a winter sports resort might be more your speed. Then, you can fill every moment with adventure, enjoying the slopes during the day and après-ski activities in the evening.
- What Are You Willing to Spend on Your Winter Escape?
As with any other vacation, your winter getaway will come with a price tag. That doesn’t have to stop you from having a good time or going on the trip of a lifetime, though!
- If you’re working with a limited budget, then there are plenty of affordable winter destinations out there, from small towns in the mountains to big cities with lots of free activities.
- If you’re willing to splurge a little on your winter getaway and want to escape the cold, you could pamper yourself with a luxury suite in Las Vegas or another upscale urban paradise.
- Which Accommodations Will Melt Your Cold Exterior?
Once you’ve decided on your dream winter vacation destination, it’s time to start thinking about accommodations. What amenities will turn your trip into a true vacation?
- If you’re looking for a cozy place to stay, you might want to consider a cabin in the mountains or a bungalow on the beach. These types of accommodations will give you plenty of space to relax and take in your surroundings.
- If you want to hit a winter sports resort, you can stay in lodging that is specifically designed for skiers and snowboarders. These will sometimes even offer ski-in/ski-out access, making it easy to make the most of the slopes.
- What Else Is There to Do in Your Destination?
When you’re not soaking in the sun or shredding the slopes, what else will you do at your destination? Many spots offer a wide variety of attractions and activities so you don’t waste a second of your trip!
- If you’re headed to a tropical spot, then you might want to spend your days exploring the local area, indulging in tasty cuisine, or trying out new ways to ride the waves.
- If you’re headed to a ski resort this winter, you could take some time in the surrounding city to explore shops and scenic areas. Winter Park Resort is the perfect place for this since it sits within a picturesque mountain town with lots to take in.
- What Should You Pack to Stay Warm & Safe?
No matter where you’re headed this winter, you should make sure to pack everything you need to stay warm and comfortable. With that said, don’t overpack—or else you’ll have a hard time hauling your bags to your beautiful hand-picked accommodations!
- If you’re headed to a tropical destination, you’ll want to pack light, loose-fitting clothing, sunscreen, and insect repellent. If you’re headed to a winter wonderland, be sure to pack plenty of warm clothing like hats, sweaters, jackets, and boots.
- Don’t forget essentials like a first-aid kit, flashlight, and map of the area—and a camera is a must if you want to capture all your winter memories!
Now that you know how to plan the perfect winter vacation, it’s time to pull out your planner and start counting down the days until your escape!